Free 30 hours for some 3 to 4 year olds
What is on offer for some 3 to 4 year olds?
Some working families can get an additional 15 hours of free education and childcare — a total of 30 hours per week in school term time.
How do Church Hill and Low Hall offer the free 30 hours?
We provide these as:
- Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 3pm or
- Mondays to Thursdays from 9am to 4pm plus either 9am to 12 noon or 1pm to 4pm on Fridays
We serve a hot lunch each day for £3 a day.
If study or work mean you must have a different pattern, talk to our Executive Head Teacher ASAP.
How do I know if we are eligible?
To find out if you are eligible and apply for your eligibility code, please follow this link/scan the QR code and open an account:
You must do this before the term begins. If you do not get your code in time, you will need to wait until the next term before you apply for 30 hour funding again. If you need help, call the Waltham Forest Childcare Service Helpline on 0300 123 4097.
Once you have your 30 hour code you must re-confirm it every 3 months at the same website.
How do I put my child on the waiting list?
If you might want to send your child to one of our schools, please:
- fill out our Application form
- select ‘Church Hill’ or ‘Low Hall’
- Fill in the rest of the form and submit it. You must answer questions which have a '*'.
This adds your child to our Waiting List.
When can my 3 year old start nursery school and will they leave?
The majority of 3 year olds start the September after their 3rd birthday, and leave the July before they start primary school.
Most children leave us when they go to primary school, so most of our spaces become available in September.
When will I know if my child has a place?
We contact all the families of 3-year-olds on our Waiting List in the Spring before your child is due to start in September. Please confirm as soon as possible:
- if you still want a place at the school
- if you prefer a morning or an afternoon place
- if you are eligible for the free 30 hours and if so, your eligibility code
- if you would like to pay for Daycare (additional hours) and if so, the pattern that you would like.
If we offer your child a place in one of our schools we will arrange for you to come in to complete the admissions process.