Join our schools
We offer children:
- in non-COVID-times, Visiting Day stay and play sessions
- 15 hour Free Early Education Entitlement places for eligible 2 year olds
- 15 hour Free Early Education Entitlement places for 3 to 4 year olds
- 30 hour Free Early Education Entitlement places for 3 to 4 year olds from eligible families
- Additional hours for 3 to 4 year olds, term-time or all year round
- Holiday Playschemes to children from our schools and to local children
- Tea Time Club with pick up from Henry Maynard Primary School (Church Hill) and Barncroft (Low Hall)
We don't have any places for children under 2.
When we offer places:
Most children leave our schools in July, at the end of the academic year, which means most of our places become vacant in September. We start our admissions process for September just before the Easter holiday.
Our Waiting list
You can add your child to our waiting list as soon as they have a name. Go to our Apply for a place page, fill in the form and your child will be placed on our waiting list. You can read all about how we handle admissions on the Admissions and settling in page.
We offer adults and young people:
- placements for students training for a variety of Early Years qualifications, including School Direct and PGCE teacher training, BTEC, NVQ and CACHE
- work experience for school students from Waltham Forest secondary schools and sixth form colleges
- volunteer placements for parents and members of the local community
Find out how to apply on our Students and volunteers page.
Work with us:
All our jobs are advertised here.
All adults and older children who work in our schools go through an induction process which includes safeguarding, health and safety, behaviour management and school operations. All staff, students, governors and regular volunteers are DBS checked.
Information for contractors
- Maintenance work must be carried out before children arrive at 8am or after they have gone at 6pm. If this is not possible, you must agree your working hours with our Business Manager or be accompanied by a member of staff, which may not be possible.
- When you arrive on site, sanitise your hands.
- Show your DBS number to the office staff.
- Sign in, collect your badge and wear it. Wear your company lanyard and a mask while on site.
- If you need one, complete a Permit to Work form.
- Put away your mobile phone and take off any headphones. If you need to use a phone during nursery hours, go into the office or staff room.
- Take note of the fire exits and the fire assembly point as you go through the building.
- If you sneeze, use the tissues and bins provided to ‘Catch it, bin it, kill it’
- Tell the office if you will need help to leave safely if an emergency happens while you are here.
- Move calmly through the school, keeping 2m between yourself and others. Close gates and doors after yourself.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on or near the school site. Don’t eat, drink or chew gum in school.
- Tell us if you have an accident, or if you see something about the site that concerns you.
At Church Hill:
- The adults’ toilet is in the main lobby.
- The accessible toilet is in the main lobby.
At Low Hall:
- The adults’ toilet is in the main nursery.
- The accessible toilet is in the main nursery.