Working out who wants a place
We contact everyone on our waiting list the Spring before the September when most children will start nursery school. Please respond by the deadline we give when we contact you: at that point we allocate spaces, and may fill up.
Please add email@example.com to your contacts so that our emails don't get lost in your junk mail.
How do the schools allocate places? Our Admissions criteria
The number of daycare/30-hour places we can offer is limited by the number of children we can accommodate for lunch.
If there are not enough spaces to admit all the children on the Waiting List and give them the places their families need we will give priority to children:
- Looked After Children or previously Looked After Children
- Who are in receipt of Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) for 2-year-olds funding or Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)
- Have turned three while attending as 2-year-olds
- Medical or social reasons or children ‘at risk’. Please note that admission on this criterion will be assessed by our SENDCos, and is subject to us being able to support the child’s needs to the high standard we expect
- Siblings of current or former pupils
- School staff children or children whose parent(s) work at state funded schools within half a mile of each school, i.e. Walthamstow School for Girls and Emmanuel Community School (Church Hill), Edinburgh Primary School, South Grove Primary School, Barn Croft Primary School, St Saviours C of E Primary School, Coppermill Primary School, Thomas Gamuel Primary School, Stoneydown Park Primary School, Willowfield School and Kelmscott School (Low Hall)
- Distance: who live closest to the school
Once we have allocated spaces, we send offer emails. Please respond to this email as soon as possible.
Once your child's place is confirmed we will send you another email with information about how the school runs, and asking you to fill in 2 forms:
- The All About Me form which you fill in and email back to us and your key person. If you can’t fill it in digitally, print it out and drop it off to school. If you can't print it out, ask us for a hard copy.
- The Admissions form: this online form asks for things like your GP name and address, and emergency contact details, as well as asking your permission for things like taking your child on outings such as going to the local park, taking their photo or taking them to hospital in the unlikely event of an emergency.
Around this time you will also receive an email invitation to join Class Dojo, an online classroom which we use to share stories, activities and things we have made.