Working out who wants a place
We contact everyone on our waiting list the Easter before the September when most children will start nursery school. Once we have worked out what places everyone wants, we send offer emails. Please respond to this email as soon as possible.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts so that our emails don't get lost in your junk mail.
How do the schools allocate places?
If there are not enough spaces to admit all the children on the Waiting List who want a place, we will give priority to children:
- who are in public care or who are fostered under an arrangement made by the Local Authority
- are in receipt of Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) for 2-year-olds funding or Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)
- with known disabilities, additional needs, or social problems (referred from another agency)
- whose parent/carer has a medical condition affecting mobility and this is the closest setting to the family home or place of long-term medical treatment.
- have turned three whilst attending as 2-Year-olds
- who have had siblings who previously attended the Nursery Schools
- whose parent(s) work at state funded schools within half a mile of each school
- who are the oldest and who are living closest to the Nursery Schools
- who are not attending another early years setting
Once your child's place is confirmed we will send you another email with information about how the school runs, and asking you to fill in 2 forms:
- The All About Me form which you fill in and email back to us and your key person. If you can’t fill it in digitally, print it out and drop it off to school. If you can't print it out, ask us for a hard copy.
- The Admissions form: this online form asks for things like your GP name and address, and emergency contact details, as well as asking your permission for things like taking your child on outings such as going to the local park, taking their photo or taking them to hospital in the unlikely event of an emergency.
Around this time you will also receive an email invitation to join Class Dojo, an online classroom which we use to share stories, activities and things we have made.