We run a holiday playscheme for children from Church Hill and Low Hall, and for local children aged 3 to 8 years. This takes place at Church Hill.
On this page:
- what we offer
- menu for breakfast and lunch
- how to register
- Terms and conditions
- Download the menu and planning for May half term 2023
These are the holidays, and we want to make them special. Each day we set out a wide range of stimulating and fun play activities which are suitable for different ages. These can include baking, clay modelling, and the fire pit.
On Fridays, we have a party, with face painting, fancy dress, and treat party food.
We plan our activities around learning goals within the Early Year’s Foundation Stage and National Curriculum used in the nurseries and schools across the country.
Breakfast is always cereal, fruit, milk and water, and alternating toast, crumpets, croissants and rice cakes.
Tea is cooked on site, and is things like plant-based chilli or macaroni cheese. We often have pizza at the Friday party.
- Print out the Booking Form below, and also the Photo Consent Form if you are willing for us to use photos of your child to publicise our Playscheme. By signing the Booking Form you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions. We strongly advise you to take a photo of your Booking Form to avoid confusion over what you have booked.
- Either bring the forms to the Church Hill Nursery school office in term time between 8am and 4.30pm (avoid 12 noon to 1pm), or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will check availability. If we tell you we have a place available, this is NOT confirmation of your booking.
- Make payment as soon as possible, and email us confirmation of that payment. You can pay by BACS, School Money or Childcare Vouchers.
- When we have received your confirmation of payment we will email you the confirmation of your booking; at this point the booking is confirmed.
- Please note: the admin office is term-time only. If you have any booking questions during the playscheme, don't email: come and talk to Sarah, the playscheme lead.
- Children are welcome from 8am each day. As it's the holiday you can arrive a little later if that suits your family.
- Breakfast is served from 8-10am so if you want your child to have breakfast at the nursery, arrive between these times
- the latest pick-up time is 6pm, or 4pm at Christmas, or you can pick up a little earlier if you would like.
- don’t be late: if you are, our staff can’t go home to their own families, and you will be charged extra.
- We are a nut-free school
- Lunchtime is 12-1pm; please ensure your child’s packed lunch is nut-free and labelled with their name
- Tea is served from 4-4:50; this is a light meal to keep them going, not a full evening meal
Clothes and toileting
- Send children dressed to have fun, and with a set of spare clothes - in case of accidents, or water play during summer
- Nappies - our expectation is for children to be toilet trained
- Children with additional needs are welcome to attend our playscheme. Please speak to a member of staff before booking and note this on the booking form.
- We are unable to provide 1:1 care. If this is what your child needs, you are responsible for arranging it, and you must include the carer's name and DBS details on the booking form.
By completing the Booking Form you are signing up to our Terms and Conditions:
- I understand that once the contract is signed, if I wish to make any changes to my booking a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice is required in writing to the school office email address and a 10% administration fee will be charged. The full agreed fees will be charged if I give less than two weeks’ notice.
- I understand that if my child is sick, or absent for any reason, the fees are still payable as the school will still have to pay the playscheme staff.
- I understand that an unwell child should be kept at home (if they have been vomiting or had a temperature within 48 hours).
- I understand that failure to keep this agreement may result in the loss of my extended day place.
- Once I've booked, I am unable to swap days.
- If I am late collecting my child, I will be charged £10 for every 15-minute interval after 6pm.