Free 15 hours for all 3 to 4-year-olds
On this page:
- What is on offer for all 3 to 4-year-olds?
- How do I put my child on the waiting list?
- When can my 3-year-old start nursery school and when will they leave?
- When will I know if my child has a place?
The Government pays for all 3 to 4-year-olds to have 15 hours of free education every week in school term time.
At Church Hill and Low Hall we provide these as either:
- 5 x 3-hour morning sessions, 9am to 12 noon, or
- 5 x 3-hour afternoon sessions, 1pm to 4pm
If you might want to send your child to one of our schools, please:
- fill out our Application form
- select ‘Church Hill’ or ‘Low Hall’
- Fill in the rest of the form and submit it. You must answer questions with a '*'
This adds your child to our Waiting List.
3-year-olds are eligible for their free 15 or 30 hours education the term after their 3rd birthday:
|Birthday is between||Funding available from|
|1st January-31st March||1st April|
|1st April-31st August||1st September|
|1st September-31st December||1st January|
However, most children leave us when they 'graduate' from us and go to primary school in July, so most of our places become available in September. This means that the majority of 3-year-olds start Low Hall and Church Hill the September after their 3rd birthday, and leave the July before they start primary school.
We contact all the families of 3-year-olds on our Waiting List in the Spring before your child is due to start in September. Please confirm as soon as possible:
- if you still want a place at the school
- if you prefer a morning or an afternoon place
- if you are eligible for the free 30 hours, and if so, your eligibility code
- if you would like to pay for Daycare (additional hours) and if so, the pattern that you would like.
If we offer your child a place in one of our schools we will send you some forms to fill in to start the admissions process.