Join our schools
We offer children:
- in non-COVID-times, Visiting Day stay and play sessions
- 15 hour Free Early Education Entitlement places for eligible 2 year olds
- 15 hour Free Early Education Entitlement places for 3 to 4 year olds
- 30 hour Free Early Education Entitlement places for 3 to 4 year olds from eligible families
- Additional hours for 3 to 4 year olds, term-time or all year round
- Holiday Playschemes to children from our schools and to local children
- Tea Time Club with pick up from Henry Maynard Primary School (Church Hill) and Barncroft (Low Hall)
We are now adding names to our waiting lists. Please apply now by going to our Apply for a place page and your child will be placed on our waiting list. You can read all about how we handle admissions on the Admissions and settling in page.
We offer adults and young people:
- placements for students training for a variety of Early Years qualifications, including School Direct and PGCE teacher training, BTEC, NVQ and CACHE
- work experience for school students from Waltham Forest secondary schools and sixth form colleges
- volunteer placements for parents and members of the local community
Find out how to apply on our Students and volunteers page.
Work with us:
All our jobs are advertised here.
All adults and older children who work in our schools go through an induction process which includes safeguarding, health and safety, behaviour management and school operations. All staff, students, governors and regular volunteers are DBS checked.
Information for contractors
Maintenance work must be carried out before children arrive at 8am or after they have gone at 6pm. If this is not possible, you must agree your working hours with Hasina Rashid, our Business Manager or be accompanied by a member of staff, which may not be possible.
Show your DBS number to the office staff. We no longer copy certificates in line with data protection guidelines.
Sign in, collect your badge and wear it. Wear your company lanyard.
If you need one, complete a Permit to Work form.
Put away your mobile phone and take off any headphones.
Take note of the fire exits and the fire assembly point as you go through the building.
Tell the office team if you will need help to leave safely if an emergency happens while you are here.
When you leave, sign out and hand in your badge.
Health and safety
Move calmly through the school.
Close the gates and the doors after yourself.
Keep your mobile phone in your bag or pocket — don’t make calls, take photos or videos on nursery school premises — and take headphones off. If you need to make a call during nursery hours, please speak to the office staff and they will arrange this for you.
Smoking is not permitted on site.
Tell the office staff if you see anything on site about the building that concerns you.
Food and rest
Please don’t eat, drink or chew gum in the main nursery.
You may eat your lunch in the staff room.
At Church Hill:
The adults’ toilet is in the main lobby.
The accessible toilet is in the main lobby.
At Low Hall:
The adults’ toilet is in the main nursery.
The accessible toilet is in the main nursery.