Free 30 hours for some 3 to 4 year olds
What is on offer for some 3 to 4 year olds?
Some working families earning £131 a week or more could get an additional 15 hours of free education and childcare — a total of 30 hours per week in school term time.
How do Church Hill and Low Hall offer the free 30 hours?
We provide these as:
- 2 x 3-hour sessions, either mornings from 9am to 12 noon, or afternoons from 1pm to 4pm and
- 3 x 8-hour sessions from 8am to 4pm.
If study or work mean you must have a different pattern, talk to our Executive Head Teacher ASAP.
How do I know if we are eligible?
Visit the childcare section of the government website to apply and get your eligibility code. You must do this before the term begins. If you do not get your code in time, you will need to wait until the next term before you apply for 30 hour funding again. If you need help, call the helpline on 0300 123 4097.
Once you have your 30 hour code you must re-confirm it every 3 months at the same website.
How do I put my child on the waiting list?
If you might want to send your child to one of our schools, please:
- go to our Apply for a place page
- select ‘both schools’, ‘Church Hill’ or ‘Low Hall’
- Fill in the rest of the form and submit it
This adds your child to our Waiting List.
When can my 3 year old start nursery school and will they leave?
The majority of 3 year olds start the September after their 3rd birthday, and leave the July before they start primary school.
When will I know if my child has a place?
We write to all the families of 3 year olds on our Waiting List in the Spring before your child is due to start in September. Please confirm as soon as possible:
- if you still want a place at the school
- if you prefer a morning or an afternoon place
- if you might be eligible for the free 30 hours
- if you would like to pay for Daycare and if so, the pattern that you would like.
If we offer your child a place in one of our schools we will arrange for you to come in to complete the admissions process.