Free 15 hours for all 3 to 4 year olds
What is on offer for all 3 to 4 year olds?
The Government pays for all 3 to 4 year olds to have 15 hours of free education every week in school term time.
How do Church Hill and Low Hall offer the free 15 hours for 3 to 4 year olds?
We provide these as either:
- 5 x 3-hour morning sessions, 9am to 12 noon, or
- 5 x 3-hour afternoon sessions, 1pm to 4pm at Church Hill, 12.45pm to 3.45pm at Low Hall.
How do I put my child on the waiting list?
If you might want to send your child to one of our schools, please:
- go to our Apply for a place page
- select ‘both schools’, ‘Church Hill’ or ‘Low Hall’
- Fill in the rest of the form and submit it
This adds your child to our Waiting List.
When can my 3 year old start nursery school and will they leave?
The majority of 3 year olds start the September after their 3rd birthday, and leave the July before they start primary school.
When will I know if my child has a place?
We write to all the families of 3 year olds on our Waiting List in the Spring before your child is due to start in September. Please confirm as soon as possible:
- if you still want a place at the school
- if you prefer a morning or an afternoon place
- if you might be eligible for the free 30 hours
- if you would like to pay for Daycare and if so, the pattern that you would like.
If we offer your child a place in one of our schools we will arrange for you to come in to complete the admissions process.