Daycare: additional hours
In addition to the free hours, we offer paid-for education and care at £7 per hour and for a minimum of 2 days a week in these patterns:
- term-time (39 weeks a year), 9am to 4pm or
- term-time (39 weeks a year), 8am to 6pm or
- year-round (48 weeks a year), 8am to 6pm . In school holidays all children attend our Play Scheme at Church Hill
- early starts: Breakfast Club from 8am to 9am, £6.50 per session and/or
- late finishes: 4pm to 6pm, £14 per session.
Lunch costs £3 per day for a hot meal.
All children who are here between 8am and 9am are offered breakfast of toast and cereal, children who stay until 6pm are given a home-cooked snack tea.
You don't pay for your Free 15 or 30 hours. You pay for the additional hours you need to make up the total hours of education and care you need.
On days you do not require a long day you will still be expected to bring your child to a 3-hour session. When children come to school every week day they build stronger social bonds with other children and with staff, and this aids their development. They also get used to having a weekday routine, which is helpful for all the family as preparation for primary school.
If ever you need to ask for a change to your daycare pattern you need to give us 4 weeks’ notice. We use this time to make sure we will have enough staff in the school to take care of the children, as well as to sort out the admin. This is a time-consuming and complicated process, so we only allow 3 changes per academic year and once in every term.